Here is a list of what you should bring to the festival.
- All personal kayaking equipment – incl boat, paddles, buoyancy aid and spray deck – unless you have arranged to hire
- All personal clothing for kayaking including shoes with decent sole for walking on slippery stones.
- All camping equipment including tent, sleeping bag and sleeping mat – unless you are staying elsewhere
- Stove, fuel & lighter/matches
- A cooking pot & cutlery, plates and a mug, water bottle, flask (optional)
- Food for breakfasts, snacks and packed lunches.
- Tea, coffee, drinks, wine, beer.
- Spare dry clothes for taking in the boat – best stored in a dry bag
- Spare / warm clothes for wearing off the water
- Wind / waterproofs for wearing around camp
- Shoes appropriate for wearing off the water
- Personal toiletries including sunscreen
- Any personal medication, contact lenses, etc
- Midge repellent and midge head net
- A chair for the marquee for evening talks and socialising
- Money – for the extras you forget
- Kayak trolley – only if you have one
- The relevant OS map is 63 if you want to practice your navigation
Have we forgotten anything?